Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fried Speghetti & Crunchy Bittergout

I prepared simple lunch for the family today. Only 3 of us at home as Mat Rock is outstationed and will be back later in the evening. Ok... here comes my Speghetti on my style and taste... (malay taste... you know la horr... must hot! hot! hot!) but uses very simple ingredients. hehehe... that's what I found in my fridge.

Fried Speghetti
250 gm speghetti - cooked in salted boiling water
1 tbsp chili paste
1 big onion - chopped
3 cloves garlic - crushed and chopped
1/2 inch young ginger - thinly sliced
3 tbsps sliced button mushroom
1 pc carrot - grated
2 pcs fishcake - sliced
8 pcs fish ball - halved
2 tsps lemon juice
salt to taste
cooking oil (I prefer olive oil)

Heat oil in a pan. Saute garlic, onion and ginger till tender, add in chili paste. Stir well.
Add in fishcake, fishball and mushroom, stir till well covered. Add in grated carrot.
Season with salt and lemon juice then fold in Speghetti. Mix them thoroughly.
Ready to serve.




Here's another dish I prepared Crunchy Bittergout. I tried to do it base on my observation when eating in mamak's restaurant. I did ask sometimes, but never had a good answer.

2 pcs bittergout - washed and thinly sliced
3 tbsbs cornflour
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp curry powder
1 egg - lightly beaten

Combine all dry ingredients - cornflour, pepper, salt and curry powder.
Dip the bittergout in the beaten egg. Sprinkle with dry mixture.
Deep fry them in very hot cooking oil.




1 comment:

Kak Amy said...

salam ziarah...

baca entry sambil follow kalau sudi jemput la ke teratak amy ye...nanti boleh la cube resepi nie..macam sedap je..terliur kejap