Thursday, November 26, 2015

Ikan Masak Taucu (Fried Fish in Salted Soy Soup)

Ikan Kembong Masak Taucu
(Fried fish in salted soy soup)

First time using my mobile to update my 'long-left-unattended' blog.  It took me longer time to understand the commands.  

First time I cooked this 'long-time-dreamt-dish' - fish in salted soy soup (ikan masak taucu).

It was not difficult to make but the level of confidence of using the 'taucu' was not that supportive in me.  Please don't ask me why...

Ok... let me share my simple recipe I've tried today... well... I just finished cook it ok so the ingredients list still sticking on my head. :-D


2 pcs fish (i used kembong) - cleansed n cut each into 2 parts - mix with tumeric n salt - fried
2 tbsps 'taucu' (salted soy) - mix with water, separated and keep aside
2 cloves garlic - sliced
1 shallot - sliced
1/2" ginger - julliene
1 onion medium size - 'ring' cut
1 green chili - halved lengthwise
5 pcs bird chili - halved lengthwise
1/2 tbsp tamarind paste + 2 cups water
Salt n sugar to taste
Cooking oil

Heat up cooking oil and stir fry sliced shalot, garlic n ginger until soften.
Add in the taucu n mix well.
Add in the chilies, sliced onion and tamarind juice. Bring to boil. Add in salt n sugar to taste.
Add in the fried fish and simmer for 10 minutes.
Ready to serve.

Easy right?... ok happy cooking to you!!!

Note: you can add some water that we keep separated from the taucu into the soup.



1 comment:

bbet99 said...

"Dapatkan SUPER BONUS NEW MEMBER 150% dalam permainan dan mainkan permainan kesukaanmu hanya dalam 1 user id. Ikuti juga promo menarik lainnya yang kami sediakan hanya di bbet99.fun . 100% TERPERCAYA.
BOLA ONLINE
Agen Bola
Taruhan Bola"