Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sambal Tempoyak Pucuk Paku

I found this recipe by co-incidence. I follow my heart... My family and me like it so much eversince. Here I give you some guidelines how to prepare this dish. Sambal Tempoyak Pucuk Paku
Pucuk Paku (sometime I change to Pucuk Ubi) - plucked, cleaned & drained
2 pcs turmeric leaves - thinly sliced
1 big scoop Tempoyak (fermented durian paste )
15 stalks cili padi
1 handful Anchovies
2 stalks lemon grass - thinly sliced
3 shallots 1 small clove garlic
2 pcs dried tamarind (asam keping)
250 coconut milk (can be changed to plain water)
salt to taste
3 tbsp cooking oil

  1. Heat the cooking oil.
  2. Pound to crush the lemon grass and cili padi, then add in shallots, garlic and anchovies. Put in Tempoyak and mix well.
  3. Stir fry pounded ingredients in hot oil and add in the coconut milk (or water). Bring to boil. Add in salt, dried tamarind and Pucuk Paku. Keep stirring until the gravy thicker.
  4. Add in the sliced turmeric leaves before take off from fire.
Happy trying!!! aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! its hotttttt!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: